FATHER’S DAY GIVEAWAY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to NSW residents.
3. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the
parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions.
Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as
evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of Newington Marketplace and agencies associated
with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following:
spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption),
parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother,
sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. Promotion opens at 9am on Friday 27th August, 2021 and final entries close at 6pm on
Wednesday 1st September, 2021 Promotional Period”). All times are AEST or AEDST, as
applicable in New South Wales, Australia.
6. To enter, the entrant must during the Promotional Period complete the following steps:
A. Like the Newington Marketplace Facebook
B. Comment on the post and tell us in 25 words or less why your dad deserves to
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants
(including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole
discretion, to disqualify any entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached
any of Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or
other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the
promotion. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the
Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender
8. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
9. Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole
discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
11. The draw will take place on Thursday 2nd September, 2021 at 10am at Arkadia Level 1, 202
Military Road, Neutral Bay, NSW, 2089. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries
and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Within two (2) business days of the draw, the winner will be notified in writing with
instructions on how to claim their prize.
14. Winners name will be published online at
Thursday 2nd September, 2021
15. The first valid entry selected based on the entry criteria and response, from all valid entries
received, will win the prize of JAGS Newington Gift Voucher valued at $100.
16. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming a gift card are not included. Any unused
balance of a gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of a gift card is subject to any
terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the gift card.
17. If a winner of any prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s
nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.
18. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take or claim
a prize (or an element of a prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or
that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
19. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right
to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or
specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
20. The total prize pool value is $100.
21. Any unused portion of the JAGS Newington gift voucher is not transferable or exchangeable
and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
22. A draw for any prize, if unclaimed, may take place on Thursday 2nd December, 2021 at the
same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written directions from a regulatory
authority. The winner, if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the
draw. Winner name will be published online at
Thursday 2nd December, 2021.
23. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in
the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any
media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this
competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed
and/or supplied by the Promoter.
24. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter,
including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the
Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to
disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to the instructions of any regulatory authority, to modify,
suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
25. Any cost associated with accessing Facebook is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent
on the Internet service provider used.
26. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude
or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and
Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer
protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia or any statutory consumer
guarantees as provided under consumer protection laws in New Zealand (“Non-Excludable
Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-
Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including their respective officers, employees and
agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or
damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential,
arising in any way out of the promotion.
27. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable
Guarantees, the Promoter (including their respective officers, employees and agents) are not
responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any
loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or
consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment
malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised
access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or
misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond
the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these
Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) use of a prize.
28. Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on entrants following and
acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can
be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php. This promotion is in no way sponsored,
endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they
are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information an
entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the
Promoter and not to Facebook.
29. The Promoter is Newington Marketplace (ABN 95 387 523 988) of Level 1, 202 Military Road,
Neutral Bay, NSW, 2089. Telephone: 02 9908 0311.